Friday, January 2, 2009

2009...I have no expectation!

The curtain of 2008 has finally dropped and leaving behind those sweet and bad memories. Some will linger through your mind as you usher the new year while some will just vanish without a single trace.

When I looked back, there were so many sorrow that I have to face in 2008. On the contrary to my expectation when I welcome 2008. I was full of zest and eagerness. I was expecting a good year for my career as well as the well being of everybody that are close to me. How wrong I was!
First, the news about the transfer of my Boss to one of the subsidiary. Then the merger of my unit with the eCommerce Project Group. Next, my decision of not joining the team in the merger. It was followed by the transfer of my Big Boss to other division. It all happened almost on the same breath. It was a rude awakening for me and I was really hoping that I was just drowning in a temporary hypnotic trance that will be gone by the time I wake up.

At the same time, I was involved in a Faraid hearing of my late mother's real estate. It is still not settled due to some objection by my step dad. The hearing will continue on 12 Jan 2009. For the sake of my late mother's dignity, I will fight till the end. I am just hoping for the best for both myself and my step dad. At least when the dust settles, everybody including me can move on with our life.

Oh! Did I mention that I also managed to get a tenant for my Apartment in Seri Maya? A Korean family. Finally, the rent that I receive will help to ease the burden of having to pay the monthly installment with the bank. I really have to tighten my belt for almost first half of the year and I hardly go shopping. I hardly go anywhere because I have to install cabinets, lightings, air-conditioning, mosquitoe's net and etc.

So, for 2009, I don't know what to expect. I just pray for the best despite the anticipation of worsen economic situation. I just hope that my life will be more organised and I will have additional money to enjoy life. For a start, the good news I received was the signing of the new Collective Agreement for the MAS Manager's Association which will make me 8.5% richer by January 2009. That is a good start for the year! I will continue on praying and I know there will be a silver lining in every dark cloud!

1 comment:

mukriess said...

yahoo. oo 1st one to comment..
need more info about the rented hse..
later we talk.. cau
..tutup 2008.,,bkak 2009