Thursday, December 25, 2008

Changing Mindset...Is it really difficult?

2008 is coming to an end and new chapter is beginning. I was reminiscing the year 2008 in search of anything significant events to share with readers of my blog. It is truly a challenging year for my career as I explore the new territory that will determine the destiny of my future in Distribution. I keep on asking myself if I am now ready to assume new roles and responsibilities? Many questions arise as I think about my bleak future, one thing for sure, I have yet to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Whatever it is, I am mentally and physically prepared for the battle and I swear that I will never give up until the very last breath!

It is all abut changing mindset and the capability of turning threats to become opportunities. It is about being as objective as possible even when dealing with nonsensicality. It is about being positive, and believe that nobody could change the way I think except myself. I am the biggest enemy of myself. Have you ever wondered why people choose to be reclusive when dealing with unfamiliar situation. I think, it is a sign of inferiority complex due to the inability to adapt to the new surrounding. The mind shuts off automatically and vision confines to only things that you want to see irrespective of the opportunities available to be explored.

I too are not spared from the disease but I acknowledge the deficiency and try to overcome by facing the challenges. For those of you my friends who are suffering from the same anomaly, I have few tips that may help you to overcome your shortcomings :

1. Always move away from your comfort zone.
2. Keep on challenging yourself to achieve the impossible
3. Open your mind to embrace changes
4. Never close your door to new opportunities
5. Be objective and weigh the pros and cons before making any decision
6. Always remember that you are not any less than anybody else
7. Allah is always there to help you

So, for 2009, I will not retreat and I will face the challenges like the Spartans!

1 comment:

Jerung Rimba Putih said...

damn! I like post!!! SERIOUSLY!!!