Tuesday, November 4, 2008

4 Nov 2008

The date is so significant as it is the USA Presidential Election. Well, technically it is yet 4 Nov in the USA due to the time difference.

It will be an interesting election as I watch it closely. So whose gonna win? Obama or McCain? Why is it so important? To me, it will affect not only the world political landscape, but also the world economy. Obviously, if Obama wins, there would be policies change, for the better, I hope. We have been living in such an instable worldwith wars, financial crisis, pollution, I am just getting fed up!

If Obama wins, he will be the first African-American President for the USA. In a melting pot country like the USA, where the indigineous race are almost insignificant, I reckon that it is not an issue. Afterall, American civilization started long long time ago. So a first black president may gives the USA a different perspective in the way they see things. I am sincerely hoping that the bilateral relationship between Islamic and Western countries to improve. There will be lots of good things to come if this is achieved.

Back in my home country, Malaysia, the UMNO election is also significant as it will chart the ways how this country will be managed next year once the reigning Premier steps down in March 2009. I sincerely hope that these two significant event will provide a twist of changes to the current political and economy climate of the world.

No comments: